Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Good Stuff in TEC: Kentucky


'The chicken man' changes lives

On Saturday afternoons, you'll usually find Curtis Taylor in the kitchen of the St. Francis in the Fields Episcopal Church. "When I do this, this makes me feel a lot better," says Taylor.

What he's cooking up is no once a year feast. Curtis and his team of volunteers will be back in the kitchen doing it all again next week, because the people he'll be serving are always in need. "I see that people are actually hungry," Curtis said. "When you give them a plate, it's gone. Nothing is wasted."

A few years back, Curtis says he was going through what he calls a crisis. He was depressed, sitting in his car, not sure what would happen next, when he saw something that changed his life. "For some reason, in the midst of praying and going through it in my mind, I happened to look out of the corner of my eye and I see a homeless guy getting half of a hamburger out of a garbage can. So at that moment, it seemed like all the problems that I had totally went away."

http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=9433215&nav=menu31_2

You can see all of the Good Stuff posts by clicking on Good Stuff in the labels below.

No comments: